National Sales Director | GID – Boston, MA
GID is a leading real estate investment and management firm that operates a diverse portfolio of multifamily, industrial, and mixed-use developments across the United States. With over 60 years of experience across multiple asset classes, GID is an established real estate private equity investor and fiduciary supported by an integrated operating platform with approximately 54,000 multifamily units and over 25M square feet of industrial and commercial space of assets under management. The company also operates a credit platform that aims to provide commercial real estate debt solutions for institutional borrowers.
With corporate offices in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, New York City, and San Francisco, GID employs over 1,200 real estate professionals and operates an expansive portfolio of existing and under-development properties valued at over $30.11 billion as of June 2023.
At Windsor, a leading national property management firm committed to providing homes where people are truly cared for, we are revolutionizing the Multifamily industry. Windsor is transforming sales through implementation of next-generation technology solutions including AI (Artificial Intelligence) and sales strategies to transform the customer experience and maximize operating results. The National Sales Director plays a crucial role in driving sales strategy, implementing innovative sales techniques, and leveraging technology to enhance sales performance. They lead the sales efforts by developing and executing sales plans to increase the company’s profit and motivating associates to consistently hit their sales goals.
To excel as a National Sales Director, they must develop a deep understanding of the operational intricacies within the sales vertical to formulate effective sales strategies, and aggressive but achievable, sales goals. This individual must embody Windsor’s values of being accountable, inclusive, energizing, and courageous.
Sales Strategy and Performance:
- Develops and executes a comprehensive strategy to achieve sales, revenue, and leasing targets.
- Continuously analyzes leasing and sales performance indicators, recommending necessary adjustments to maintain exceptional sales performance.
- Collaborates closely with the revenue team on market assessments, customer landscape changes, competitive intelligence, and market trend forecasting.
- Collaborates closely with the marketing department to ensure seamless alignment between sales strategies and marketing practices.
- Monitors and reports on key performance indicators, sales metrics, and sales effectiveness.
- Analyzes industry trends, competitor strategies, and customer needs to identify opportunities and refine our sales strategy as necessary.
Sales Technology and Innovation:
- Leverages the seamless integration of AI, human touch, and innovative sales technology, processes, and techniques to drive revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the adoption and management of sales technologies, such as CRM, with a focus on ongoing improvement and process efficiency.
- Owns the development and documentation of sales processes, including sales-related policies, standard operating procedures, technology integrations, and product workflows, providing clear guidelines for the sales team to follow.
- Nurtures and maintains strong relationships with prop-tech (property technology) partners who focus on sales, fostering close collaboration to evolve their products.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to improve communication, handoffs, and efficiency within the sales process and technologies.
- Stays up to date on emerging sales technologies and techniques and recommends relevant tools and resources for the sales team.
Sales Execution & Enhancement:
- Implements national sales programs by developing regional and site-level action plans, evaluating their effectiveness, and making improvements as needed.
- Ensures sales associates efficiently and effectively promote and execute various programs, including video touring through Realync, self-guided touring, Bilt Rewards, Funnel CRM, Engrain mapping, EliseAI customer communications, and other technologies.
- Maintains sales volume by tracking changing trends, customer preferences, economic indicators, competitors, and supply and demand.
- Takes responsibility for the secret shop program, including review processes, setting expectations for successful tours, and providing guidance to improve sales strategies.
- Manages the sales leader programs, incentives, competitions, validation, and associated rewards to drive performance excellence.
- Leads, mentors, and inspires sales teams to meet and exceed individual and team sales targets.
- Continuously monitors and appraises sales results, such as conversion ratios, occupancy, and revenue.
- Provides resources, tools, and collateral to support the sales team in their efforts, ensuring they have the necessary materials to succeed.
- Collaborates closely with the Learning & Development (L&D) team to develop tools and training programs aimed at enhancing sales performance.
- Partners with the Analytics Department to develop and leverage new sales-related Power BI Dashboards.
- Collaborates with VP of Strategic Operations and other Windsor leaders to identify and implement innovative prop-tech partnerships that enhance the sales experience.
- Provides expert guidance on sales-related matters to Operational Leadership, leveraging insights and offering support as needed.
- Works closely with Marketing to ensure brand consistency, reinforce sales-related initiatives, and uphold policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Pricing and Revenue Management to create sales initiatives and action plans for improving asset performance.
- Guides the creation of sales-focused learning programs in collaboration with the Learning & Development team.
- Partners with Talent Acquisitions to attract top sales talent.
- Builds and nurtures industry relationships, recommending valuable opportunities and staying informed about trends.
- Demonstrates effective communication and attentive listening with diverse stakeholders.
- Seeks continuous improvement in professional and technical expertise by staying current with sales trends and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field (MBA preferred); or 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in a senior sales leadership role in the Hospitality, Real Estate, Property Management or Multifamily industry, preferred.
- Demonstrated success in consistently leading large sales teams to meet and exceed sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- Deep knowledge of sales strategies, techniques, and best practices.
- Proficiency in using sales technologies and CRMs.
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and negotiation abilities.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to inform decisions.
Compensation range: $164K - $199K plus bonuses,
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. These are required steps in the hiring process.
Our company considers a range of factors including education and experience when determining base compensation.
This position is also eligible for bonus and benefits. For more information, visit: Benefits!
GID is an Equal Opportunity Employer