Apartment Maintenance Tech I- Entry Level Make Ready Tech| WINDSOR AT SOMERVILLE - Somerville, MA
At Windsor Communities, it’s all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different: rewarding, challenging, and fun. Join an environment where your team becomes your family, and your profession becomes your passion. As a Windsor Service Technician I, you have a dedication that cannot be beat. You are hardworking, self-motivated, and take pride in a job well-done. Does this sound like you? Then you should bring your expertise and work ethic to Windsor!
What is your favorite part about your job:
“I have the ability and chance to make a difference in residents’ lives & make their experience with Windsor a memorable one. Also, I have the opportunity to set the bar on maintenance performance standards. I always Go by the saying, "Kindness is the best form of Humanity".”
Roy Z. - Windsor Preston
Successful Service Technicians come from various backgrounds including apartment maintenance, HVAC, general labor, construction, hotel, and recent technical school graduates.
Compensation range: $20 - $21 per hour.
Our company considers a range of factors including education and experience when determining base compensation.
This position is also eligible for bonus and benefits. For more information, visit: Benefits!
- 40% housing discount at any Windsor Community
- Competitive salary, plus quarterly performance bonuses
- Monthly customer service awards
- Bi-annual regional sales, service, and performance awards
- Company matched 401(k)
- Vacation and personal time that includes 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 2 personal days per year plus company observed holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition Assistance
Day to Day – the nitty, but not the gritty:
- Can-do attitude
- Willing to learn and grow
- Some mechanical aptitude
- Able to organize, prioritize and plan your day
- Able to take direction from supervisor and to work independently through task completion
- Basic computer skills; able to use a smart phone
- Able to use basic hand tools and power drill
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekend hours
- Work safely and use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Maintain property curb appeal
- Unit turnover and punch work
- Interior common area and exterior maintenance
- Work may include accessing flats or low slope roofs and use of ladders
- Touch-up painting
- Manage recycling and trash, including trash enclosures and compactor rooms
- Preventive maintenance
- Assist with weather-related cleanup, including snow and ice management
- Amenity and common area cleaning
- Police grounds and common areas
- Support team with apartment make-ready, including cleaning and painting
- Perform light audits and light bulb replacement
- Attend associate meetings, safety meetings and training seminars
- Assist at other communities as requested
- Work safety and proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Entry level maintenance skills including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, carpentry, cleaning and painting, preventative maintenance
- How a property is run using a work order system and the importance of properly scheduled turnovers
- Teamwork and how to contribute to the community goals
- Support the company’s values and culture
- The value of timely and effective communication
- Pool care, including training for and achieving the CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Importance of maintaining Windsor standard curb appeal
- Attention to detail and consistently doing the job right the first time
Our Commitment to You – our greatest asset:
Windsor is a fast-growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The people who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you’re someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you’ll fit right in!
Windsor Communities provides training, mentoring, growth, and advancement opportunities for our valued associates. Start your Windsor career now!
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete the Infor Talent Science Assessment. These are required steps in the hiring process.
Windsor Property Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer