Service Technician II | SUNSET & VINE - Los Angeles, CA
Seeking a skilled apartment maintenance service tech. Must be proficient in plumbing, HVAC, electrical and appliance repair. Prior multi-family industry experience is a plus.
Position pays: $26-$27/hr plus $400 quarterly bonus! $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday plus ability to participate in the on-call rotation.
What is your favorite part about your job:
- 40% off housing discount at any Windsor Community
- Competitive salary, plus quarterly performance bonuses and $2,000 Sign On Bonus
- Monthly customer service awards
- Bi-annual regional sales, service, and performance awards
- Company matched 401(k)
- Vacation and personal time that includes 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 2 personal days per year plus 9 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Connectivity reimbursement
- Annual shoe allowance
- Tuition Assistance
- Minimum 2+ years of multifamily residential, commercial or hotel maintenance
- Knowledge of safe work practices and proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Intermediate competency with the following: HVAC (split systems, heat pumps and PTACs), plumbing (water heaters, drain clearing, fixture replacement), electrical, appliance repair, painting, and carpentry
- Exceptional customer service
- Familiarity with building systems including fire sprinkler, fire alarm, and central mechanical/HVAC systems
- Solid understanding of general building maintenance, including work order management and scheduling unit turnover
- Ability to take direction from a supervisor and work independently through task completion
- Basic computer skills, including ability to use smart phone and tablet
- Understanding of property management software and key management systems
- Advanced use of hand tools and basic power tool knowledge
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience working with vendors, contractors, and suppliers
- Attention to detail and consistently doing the job right the first time
- Intermediate knowledge utilizing hand and power tools
- EPA Type II preferred or ability to become certified within 90 days of start date
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred or ability to become certified within 90 days of start date
- Work safely and use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Provide exceptional customer service to teammates and residents
- Support the company’s values and culture
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain property curb appeal to the Windsor Standard
- Complete emergency and routine work orders, and apartment make-ready tasks
- Determine type and location of equipment using blueprints, drawing/plans, and technical specifications
- Repair or replace floors, ceilings, walls, siding, roofing, doors, door hardware, windows, screens, and other general building items
- Apply knowledge of use and care of hand and power tools and equipment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and replace the following: HVAC (split systems, heat pumps and PTACs), plumbing (including water heaters), electrical, and appliances
- Work may include accessing flat or low slope roofs and use of ladders
- Interact with contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Utilize computer, smart phone, and tablet
- Maintain accurate records of daily mechanical rounds
- Observe and comply with company’s sustainability initiatives and culture
- Conduct preventative maintenance within units, common areas and mechanical rooms
- Maintain pools/spas/fountains, chemicals, logs, and safety equipment (community specific)
- Valid driver's license
- Access to reliable transportation
- Available to work a flexible schedule, potentially weekends depending on community specifics
- Available to be part of rotating on-call schedule for after hours and weekend emergency response
- Provide and maintain quality hand tools and power drill
Compensation range: $26 - $27 per hour.
Our company considers a range of factors including education and experience when determining base compensation.
This position is also eligible for bonus and benefits. For more information, visit: Benefits!
Our Commitment to You - our greatest asset:
Windsor is a fast-growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The people who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you’re someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you’ll fit right in!
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete the Infor Talent Science Assessment. These are required steps in the hiring process.
Windsor Property Management Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer